This will be a personal weekly Top Ten list of what I consider to be the best songs that I listened to the previous week. Most songs will be current, but there are no boundaries. I’ve already stated on this web site that I am obsessed with music. I am constantly hunting it down whether it’s online, on CD, from my personal collection, from a library (Yes, I think the library is a great source of music–especially for music that you aren’t sure about.), TV, or radio. Since most of these sources mostly emphasize new music, the odds are pretty good that most of the songs on this list will be new. But in my search, I don’t use any boundaries for the other sources. I am just looking for good music that I haven’t heard, or happened to forget about. Everyone, including myself, has forgotten way more great music than they can ever remember-even if they are also music fanatics.
Also, there will be no rules concerning songs on this list. A song can show up or drop off a number of times. This will be the most volatile of my lists. It all depends on how much music I am exposed to during the week and what I find interesting. On really obscure stuff, I will try to include the source, if I know it.
Pat Bergeson rules the roost for a second week! Sir Paul McCartney is the “bridesmaid” for another week! Now that didn’t happen at his wedding! Other than that, there’s a lot of shifting going on as nothing falls off…………………………….
Top Ten Songs for the Week of November 6, 2011
1. Down at the Plaza–Pat Bergeson featuring Dan Anderson, Tom Roady, and Steve Shapiro
2. (I Want To) Come Home–Paul McCartney (From the movie “Everybody’s Fine”)
3. Blood Pressure–Mutemath
4. We Owned the Night-Lady Antebellum
5. Stereo Hearts–Gym Class Heroes with Travie McCoy and Adam Levine
6. Nut Rocker–George Bedard
7. A Thousand Years—Christina Perri from “Breaking Dawn, Part One”
8. Sparks Fly–Taylor Swift
9. Red Solo Cup-Toby Keith
10. Time Spent in Los Angeles–Dawes
1) “Down at the Plaza”—I am so happy for this song because it lifts my spirits and passes that happiness right back to me!
2) (“I Want To) Come Home”—This song is sooo great that I don’t know how much longer the “Plaza” can hold it off…………
3) “Blood Pressure”—To me, this is the best hard rocking single since Jet’s “Are You Gonna Be My Girl?!” PLAY IT LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4) “We Owned the Night”—I really like the “Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh” line the best! It makes me want to sing every time, and I have three harmony lines to choose from!
5) “Stereo Hearts”—Adam Levine just nails his part! There isn’t any other male out there who can sing that high of a line!
6) “Nut Rocker”—This one might be losing a little steam, but I also know that George will be performing it live again with Bill Kirchen at The Ark in Ann Arbor on December 4th. If it can only hang on until then………………….
7) “A Thousand Years”—Christina did another very cute interview with James Shearer on the VH1 Top 20 Video Countdown! Just like the song, she seems sincere in whatever she says. And that smile!!!………………………………..
8) “Sparks Fly”—There’s a lot of good stuff coming out! Taylor’s run on this one may be ending……………
9) “Red Solo Cup”—Alright, the song is not the same without the video, but it still is one that has so simple of a chorus, you can’t help but sing or whistle along! Just reference Neil Diamond and “Song Sung Blue”…………………..
10) “Time Spent in Los Angeles”—A big drop by Dawes. I hate to see it when the good ones have run their course………………….