This will be a personal weekly Top Ten list of what I consider to be the best songs that I listened to the previous week. Most songs will be current, but there are no boundaries. I’ve already stated on this web site that I am obsessed with music. I am constantly hunting it down whether it’s online, on CD, from my personal collection, from a library (Yes, I think the library is a great source of music–especially for music that you aren’t sure about.), TV, or radio. Since most of these sources mostly emphasize new music, the odds are pretty good that most of the songs on this list will be new. But in my search, I don’t use any boundaries for the other sources. I am just looking for good music that I haven’t heard, or happened to forget about. Everyone, including myself, has forgotten way more great music than they can ever remember-even if they are also music fanatics.
Also, there will be no rules concerning songs on this list. A song can show up or drop off a number of times. This will be the most volatile of my lists. It all depends on how much music I am exposed to during the week and what I find interesting. On really obscure stuff, I will try to include the source, if I know it.
Pat Bergeson makes it to the top spot knocking out Dawes! I think this is a superb countdown! There is a so much variety on it!
Top Ten Songs for the Week of October 30, 2011
1. Down at the Plaza–Pat Bergeson featuring Dan Anderson, Tom Roady, and Steve Shapiro)
2. (I Want To) Come Home–Paul McCartney (From the movie “Everybody’s Fine”)
3. Time Spent in Los Angeles–Dawes
4. Sparks Fly–Taylor Swift
5. Nut Rocker–George Bedard
6. We Owned the Night-Lady Antebellum
7. Stereo Hearts–Gym Class Heroes with Travie McCoy and Adam Levine
8. Blood Pressure–Mutemath
9. Red Solo Cup-Toby Keith
10. A Thousand Years—Christina Perri from “Breaking Dawn, Part One”
1) “Down at the Plaza”—I couldn’t imagine this song not reaching the top! I liked it the first time I heard it and I continue to like it! This one makes you want to move your feet!
2) (“I Want To) Come Home”—This is the run that Sir Paul should have had on the charts when it first came out!
3) “Time Spent in Los Angeles”—Still good, but it’s peaked with me….
4) “Sparks Fly”—I hear it pretty frequently, and I still have a positive response towards it!
5) “Nut Rocker”—Competition is getting tough for this one to survive. That might be a good thing. Maybe it’ll get a breather before the holiday season…………….
6) “We Owned the Night”—This one is starting to be a “simbie” for me!
7) “Stereo Hearts”—This is just the right mixture of pop and hip hop! It’s the best one since Hayley Williams from Paramore appeared on “Airplanes” with B.o.B. from “The Adventures of Bobby Ray!”
8) “Blood Pressure”—This song is really getting my attention! It’s such a great power blues rocker!
9) “Red Solo Cup”—I can’t stop myself from singing along to this not too subtle promotional song for Solo Cups!
10) “A Thousand Years”—I have the feeling that this one might hang around for a “thousand years!” Second best ballad on my list!