This will be a personal weekly Top Ten list of what I consider to be the best songs that I listened to the previous week. Most songs will be current, but there are no boundaries. I’ve already stated on this web site that I am obsessed with music. I am constantly hunting it down whether it’s online, on CD, from my personal collection, from a library (Yes, I think the library is a great source of music–especially for music that you aren’t sure about.), TV, or radio. Since most of these sources mostly emphasize new music, the odds are pretty good that most of the songs on this list will be new. But in my search, I don’t use any boundaries for the other sources. I am just looking for good music that I haven’t heard, or happened to forget about. Everyone, including myself, has forgotten way more great music than they can ever remember-even if they are also music fanatics.
Also, there will be no rules concerning songs on this list. A song can show up or drop off a number of times. This will be the most volatile of my lists. It all depends on how much music I am exposed to during the week and what I find interesting. On really obscure stuff, I will try to include the source, if I know it.
Jessica Dayle’s “Summertime” stays on top and reaches double digits! I don’t feel the end is in sight yet. Green Day may have something to say about that……………….
Top Ten Songs for the Week of September 30, 2012
1. Summertime—Jessica Dayle
2. Maybe I’ll Fly—Barbara Lynn Doran
3. Oh Love—Green Day
4. My Bet’s I’m a Fool—Jessica Dayle
5. Lover Please-Jonathan Richman & The Modern Lovers
6. Wonderful Summer—Robin Ward
7. Stars—Grace Potter & The Nocturnals
8. She’s So Mean—Matchbox 20
9. Time Is Love—Josh Turner
10. Pontoon—Little Big Town
1) “Summertime”—Let’s follow Jessica Dayle’s lead, turn off the TV and visit our favourite (“ou” because she’s Canadian), nature spots before it gets too cold!
2) “Maybe I’ll Fly”—Barbara Lynn Doran continues in the runner up spot for another week!
3) “Oh Love”—It’s not really classic Green Day, but it’s good enough!
4) “My Bet’s I’m a Fool”—I personally am not betting on how long Jessica Dayle is going to be on my countdown!
5) “Lover Please”—A snappy little instrumental from Jonathan Richman & The Modern Lovers from their “Back in Your Life” album! It’s a throwback to 60’s surf music and it rocks—but not too hard!
6) “Wonderful Summer”—Robin Ward put out a wistful end of summer ballad in the early 60’s that popped into my head this week, so I had to hunt it down!
7) “Stars”—That haunting melody from Grace Potter & The Nocturnals is getting into my head!
8) “She’s So Mean”—I think Rob Thomas and Matchbox 20 is getting close to the end of their run……………
9) “Time Is Love”—I think Josh Turner is running out of time on this one………………
10) “Pontoon”—Once more around the lake, please, for Little Big Town, and then the “pontoon” can be put up for the winter………… QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ