This is a weekly Top Ten list of what I consider to be the best songs that I listened to the previous week. Most songs will be current, but there are no boundaries. I’ve already stated on this web site that I am obsessed with music. I am constantly hunting it down whether it’s online, on CD, from my personal collection, from a library (Yes, I think the library is a great source of music–especially for music that you aren’t sure about.), TV, or radio. Since most of these sources mostly emphasize new music, the odds are pretty good that most of the songs on this list will be new. But in my search, I don’t use any boundaries for the other sources. I am just looking for good music that I haven’t heard, or happened to forget about. Everyone, including myself, has forgotten way more great music than they can ever remember-even if they are also music fanatics.
Also, there will be no rules concerning songs on this list. A song can show up or drop off a number of times. This will be the most volatile of my lists. It all depends on how much music I am exposed to during the week and what I find interesting. On really obscure stuff, I will try to include the source, if I know it.
Most of the songs heard on this list have been played on my radio show, “Prime Time Theme Attic,” heard Mondays, 8PM-10PM ET!
This list forms the basis of my countdown list on the “Top 9 at 9:09” segment of my “Prime Time Theme Attic Show” on mostly alternating weeks, along with my “Phil’s Faves, Albums” lists!
Here’s a link:
Listen live: https://whfr.fm/streamer/
Here’s a link for the complete history of all the Fave Songs:
If you like what you see, don’t forget to spread the word by hitting the “like” button on my Facebook page, Phil Maq!
Wendy Webb puts our hearts together and notches her fifth #1 Faves Song!!!!!
Top Ten Songs for the Week of December 29, 2019
1. Your Heart and Mine—Wendy Webb (Edge of Town)
2. Tendency to Riot—Sarah Borges and The Broken Singles (Good and Dirty)
3. Off the Rack—Craig Moreau (A Different Kind of Train)
4. Woodchuck Blues—John Latini (The Blues Just Make Me Feel Good)
5. Bad Sushi—ShwizZ (ShwizZ II)
6. Happy New Year—Annie and Rod Capps (When They Fall)
7. Shines—The Donkeys (Ride the Black Wave)
8. Someone to Pull the Trigger—Chris Richards and The Subtractions (Altered Sweet: The Songs of Matthew Sweet)
9. Friend of Mine—Courtney Yasmineh (Red Letter Day)
10.Parlez—Moi D’Amour—Olivia Millerschin (The Strings of Frankie Pesto)
Don’t forget to like my Facebook page! (Please “like” it, not just follow me!) Thank you!