This will be a personal weekly Top Ten list of what I consider to be the best songs that I listened to the previous week. Most songs will be current, but there are no boundaries. I’ve already stated on this web site that I am obsessed with music. I am constantly hunting it down whether it’s online, on CD, from my personal collection, from a library (Yes, I think the library is a great source of music–especially for music that you aren’t sure about.), TV, or radio. Since most of these sources mostly emphasize new music, the odds are pretty good that most of the songs on this list will be new. But in my search, I don’t use any boundaries for the other sources. I am just looking for good music that I haven’t heard, or happened to forget about. Everyone, including myself, has forgotten way more great music than they can ever remember-even if they are also music fanatics.
Also, there will be no rules concerning songs on this list. A song can show up or drop off a number of times. This will be the most volatile of my lists. It all depends on how much music I am exposed to during the week and what I find interesting. On really obscure stuff, I will try to include the source, if I know it.
Top Ten Songs for the Week of September 15, 2013
1. Tu Mochila Esta Abierta—Dan Sheehan Conspiracy
2. Safe and Sound—Capital Cities
3. Back to School—Joanie Leeds & The Nightlights
4. Baked Potatoes—Mick Clarke
5. Unbreak My Heart—Stella!
6. Homework—Well Informed Citizens
7. Surfin’ in Detroit—Howling Diablos
8. Ramdango—Mick Clarke
9. Wake Up (It’s Time to Go to Bed)—Baze and His Silly Friends
10. The Resurrection of Gonzo, Pt.1—Holly and Jon