This is a weekly Top Ten list of what I consider to be the best songs that I listened to the previous week. Most songs will be current, but there are no boundaries. I’ve already stated on this web site that I am obsessed with music. I am constantly hunting it down whether it’s online, on CD, from my personal collection, from a library (Yes, I think the library is a great source of music–especially for music that you aren’t sure about.), TV, or radio. Since most of these sources mostly emphasize new music, the odds are pretty good that most of the songs on this list will be new. But in my search, I don’t use any boundaries for the other sources. I am just looking for good music that I haven’t heard, or happened to forget about. Everyone, including myself, has forgotten way more great music than they can ever remember-even if they are also music fanatics.
Also, there will be no rules concerning songs on this list. A song can show up or drop off a number of times. This will be the most volatile of my lists. It all depends on how much music I am exposed to during the week and what I find interesting. On really obscure stuff, I will try to include the source, if I know it.
Most of the songs heard on this list have been played on my radio show, “Prime Time Theme Attic,” currently on hiatus. (Monday nights 8PM-10PM ET)
(Here’s the link for when that day comes: http://rdo.fm/r/4qntu)
This list forms the basis of my countdown list on the “Top 9 at 9:09” segment of my “Prime Time Theme Attic Show” on mostly alternating weeks, along with my “Phil’s Faves, Albums” lists!
Here’s a link for the complete history of all the Fave Songs:
If you like what you see, don’t forget to spread the word by hitting the “like” button on my Facebook page, Phil Maq !
This week, May Erlewine was “motivated” and got “Get Right” to #1!
Top Ten Songs for the Week of November 15, 2020
1. Get Right—May Erlewine and The Motivations (In the Night) (Song starts at 1:18)
2. I Think I Came Too Late to the Party—Michael on Fire (Where Dreamers Only Go Soundtrack)
3. What We Breathe In—The Chordaes (What We Breathe In)
4. Say a Prayer—Dave Boutette and Kristi Lynn Davis (Easy As Pie)
5. Are You Listening?—Billy Brandt [Hall of Fame] and Sarana VerLin (Are You Listening?)
6. Your Version of the Truth—Bill Edwards (Sounds Like Love)
7. In the Night—Wendy Webb (Step Out of Line)
8. The Next Big Thing—Jeff Scott (NOLA to New York)
9. Sugar—Lindsay Lou (Southland)
10.Our World to Save—Bob Hausler (Single)
Don’t forget to like my Facebook page! Thank you!