This is a weekly Top Ten list of what I consider to be the best songs that I listened to the previous week. Most songs will be current, but there are no boundaries. I’ve already stated on this web site that I am obsessed with music. I am constantly hunting it down whether it’s online, on CD, from my personal collection, from a library (Yes, I think the library is a great source of music–especially for music that you aren’t sure about.), TV, or radio. Since most of these sources mostly emphasize new music, the odds are pretty good that most of the songs on this list will be new. But in my search, I don’t use any boundaries for the other sources. I am just looking for good music that I haven’t heard, or happened to forget about. Everyone, including myself, has forgotten way more great music than they can ever remember-even if they are also music fanatics.
Also, there will be no rules concerning songs on this list. A song can show up or drop off a number of times. This will be the most volatile of my lists. It all depends on how much music I am exposed to during the week and what I find interesting. On really obscure stuff, I will try to include the source, if I know it.
Most of the songs heard on this list have been played on my radio show, “Prime Time Theme Attic,” currently on hiatus. (Monday nights 8PM-10PM ET)
This list forms the basis of my countdown list on the “Top 9 at 9:09” segment of my “Prime Time Theme Attic Show” on mostly alternating weeks, along with my “Phil’s Faves, Albums” lists!
Here’s a link for the complete history of all the Fave Songs:
If you like what you see, don’t forget to spread the word by hitting the “like” button on my Facebook page, Phil Maq !
Erin Zindle returns to her #1 nest!!
Top Ten Songs for the Week of March 7, 2021
1. I Will Make My Nest High Up—Erin Zindle (Scenes From the Fragile, Agile Avian World)
2. Angels Fly—Johnny Irion (Driving Friend)
3. Beautiful—Karyn Oliver (A List of Names)
4. The Hewry Highwayman—Bill Grogan’s Goat (Third Eye)
5. Please Don’t Tell Me How to Dance —Cindy Ruenes (Please Don’t Tell Me How to Dance)
6. Give It Away Again—MJ Bishop (Give It Away Again)
7. Too Cold to Cry—Lindsay Beaver (Tough As Love)
8. Built to Break—Mike Galbraith (Here, Elsewhere)
9. Hard Times—Sublunar Minds (Into a Future Bright and Beautiful)
10.The Original Swing—Seth Bernard (Eggtones For Fun)
New Key Song of the Week: Escape Route—Jordi (Single)
Don’t forget to like my Facebook page! Thank you!