This is a weekly Top Ten list of what I consider to be the best songs that I listened to the previous week. Most songs will be current, but there are no boundaries. I’ve already stated on this web site that I am obsessed with music. I am constantly hunting it down whether it’s online, on CD, from my personal collection, from a library (Yes, I think the library is a great source of music–especially for music that you aren’t sure about.), TV, or radio. Since most of these sources mostly emphasize new music, the odds are pretty good that most of the songs on this list will be new. But in my search, I don’t use any boundaries for the other sources. I am just looking for good music that I haven’t heard, or happened to forget about. Everyone, including myself, has forgotten way more great music than they can ever remember-even if they are also music fanatics.
Also, there will be no rules concerning songs on this list. A song can show up or drop off a number of times. This will be the most volatile of my lists. It all depends on how much music I am exposed to during the week and what I find interesting. On really obscure stuff, I will try to include the source, if I know it.
Most of the songs heard on this list have been played on my radio show, “Prime Time Theme Attic,” heard Mondays, 8PM-10PM ET!
This list forms the basis of my countdown list on the “Top 9 at 9:09” segment of my “Prime Time Theme Attic Show” on mostly alternating weeks, along with my “Phil’s Faves, Albums” lists!
Here’s a link:
Listen live: https://whfr.fm/streamer/
Here’s a link for the complete history of all the Fave Songs:
If you like what you see, don’t forget to spread the word by hitting the “like” button on my Facebook page, Phil Maq!
Kathy Wieland takes a musical drink to #1!
Top Ten Songs for the Week of January 26, 2020
1. Alpena Colada—Kathy Wieland (Momma Liked to Fish)
2. Riding Low (And Flying High)—Dan Sheehan (Tales From Earth, Inc.)
3. Someone to Pull the Trigger—Chris Richards and The Subtractions (Altered Sweet: The Songs of Matthew Sweet)
4. Winter’s Bone—Lee Anna Atwell, Allison Edberg Nyquist, Linda Hicks, Joe Peters (A Night at the Delphi Opera House)
5. Come On to Me—Paul McCartney [Hall of Fame](Egypt Station)
6. Tendency to Riot—Sarah Borges and The Broken Singles (Good and Dirty)
7. Hoodwink—Steve Leaf and The Ex—Pats (Lightspeed)
8. Country Boy—Tony Pace (Gotcha Covered: The Songs of Johnny Williams)
9. Everything She Do—Dog Society (In the Shade)
10.Your Heart and Mine—Wendy Webb (Edge of Town)
Don’t forget to like my Facebook page! (Please “like” it, not just follow me!) Thank you!